Tuesday 26 October 2010

Our coursework - thoughts

Today I began to think about coursework and what I would like to do and what themes and ideas I would like to incorporate. In our first lesson, which introduced us to the coursework, we looked at the first scenes of horror films and picked out common attributes that each had.
To me horror films are aimed at people who enjoy the thrill of the unknown and the spontaneous. They are designed to be full of adrenaline and suspense. It gives the viewer excitement as the film goes on and is usually packed full of enigma codes.

First thoughts to the topic:
Yes I want to do horror! Reasons being; its fun-people who I chose will be excited to act in it and as I will be filming I will be very excited to film it, the camera angles and shots can be made interesting and mysterious, the mise-en-scene will be exciting to research and create to get my desired effect, I can practise experimenting with lighting and finally I have many ideas for this genre of film which I am excited to show and explore.

As it is coming up to Halloween I will buy a lot of the items I need soon to save money in the long run and because it is more readily available this time of year.

So, all in all, I am very excited about starting our coursework and will enjoy the opportunity I am given.

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment