Wednesday 2 February 2011

Final improvements

Right at the start of my film I wanted to add in what the location was like to make it more clear that this film is a horror film, so, I added in an establishing shot. I think it adds to the genre well and I am glad I added it in. Also, there is water droplets on the camera to make it noticeable that it's raining, which become very useful for sound effects.



I took out the first song in my final edit. I decided to do this because it was far to social realism and upbeat. I wanted to include sound effects especially as it was raining. I took advantage of the establishing shot and added in rain and thunder sound effects to increase the suspense in the film. I layered two clips, one of heavy rain and one of thunder. I allowed it to carry on through the match box being picked up and the first title. This hopefully created tension for the viewer. 



Again, taking in consideration my audience feedback, I decided to add the match sound effect when it is lit. Seeing as the rest of the shot is silent it makes it more horror-like which is a nice effect.



Following the teachers feedback, I decided to cut out the child laughing as the main focal point and added in a slamming door which I feel creates more tension and seems more realistic. It wasn't fully clear who Matt was when she asked if it was him, but now the door is slammed shut it becomes more clear it is either he husband or boyfriend. 



I have now also added a fade into beginning and the end of my music which makes it more subtle for the viewer and introduces the music to the viewer in a nicer way.



I have added a child laugh when the main film title appears because it fits in better and makes it more chilling and tense. The music also fades out here to allow the viewer to hear the child laughter.



I have added back in all the natural sound from when I filmed so it seems more life-like and realistic. It also breaks up the music which can be a bit to full on and intense. It sounds better and makes you feel part of the film.



Finally at the end, when the actor turns around, I have added the door being closed again and then a direct child laughter which links in again with the title of the film. It makes it more chilling. Also, I have taken out the scream as it made it ore trailer-like and a dip to colour (which is black in this case) to finish off the opening sequence








No comments:

Post a Comment