Wednesday 12 January 2011

Editing - day 3

Today I continued further with my editing.


When I opened Final Cut to continue with the editing process a pop-up appeared saying that rendered files were now offline. Because of this, I had to re-render all of my editing so far. This ended up in my first title in the film 'Blue Pearl Productions' being deleted. I was told that the media was offline. This meant it had disappeared in my folder. I had to remake that title which turned out to not be that much of a problem. 




Last lesson I was advised to make my titles longer as they didn't stay on long enough in my filming. When I first made my titles I made them about 2 seconds long. Now they are 3 or 4 seconds long. I had to re-do all of the titles this lesson to ensure they were longer. 


Today:
So today's editing went rather well despite a few hiccups. I re-made all of my titles so that they lasted longer and seemed more film like instead of trailer like. I also cut a small clip in my filming so it looked more effective. I am very happy with the outcome. Although I made my titles considerably longer, they turned out to be to long which wasn't really a problem as I cut them down. 

Next lesson: 
Next lesson I will try hard to finish my editing. I think it will be done by next lesson without a problem. Hopefully I will have added in my music and sound effects. I have a feeling that some of my filming will become irrelevant due to the 2 minute timing we have. I have another point in the film where finishing it and still showing it is horror will not be a problem which is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment