Wednesday 24 November 2010

Animatic Evaluation - Audience assessment





Audience assessment
So that the audience understood the animatic and understood how to analyze it we decided to do our audience assessment in out Media class. We each loaded up our animatic on a computer and and took it in turns to analyze each others.

We had a sheet with the following headings:

  • Range of shot types and editing transitions     /10
  • Appropriate pace and content of genre     /10
  • Position and order of titles     /10
  • Introduction of characters     /10
  • Introduction of story-line     /10
  • Clearly an opening sequence     /10
  • Use of sound     /10



They then gave us an overall score followed by comments and targets to help us improve our animatic to make it clearer and more interesting for our target audience. 

From the comments I have received about my first animatic I have decided to change the following things:
  1. Make a clear link and transition between part 1 and part 2. As it goes back in time to before the incident I need to make it clear that is what has happened so the audience are not confused. I will make the black screen longer (possibly 4 seconds?) so the change is clear.
  2. I will fade out the sound when voiceover comes in and fade it back in.
  3. I might change my film name so its clear about the change between the two parts. Possible something like 4 days before... 
  4. I will add in the radio sound of the radio tuning itself first so there is sound throughout.
  5. I may change my music to make it more horror like to build more suspense.



From the audience assessment I did get many good points which helped me see in my own work what I did well at and what doesn't need improvement.

Some of these things included:
  • The genre of my film was clear
  • Good pacing and shot types
  • The voice over and use of sound was generally good and fitted in with my genre
  • It doesn't look like a trailer at all
  • The idea of the ribbon linking in with part one and two was good
  • The child's laugh was effective

No comments:

Post a Comment