Sunday 7 November 2010

Audience profile

Media Audience Profile


The audience profile - The Girl (Jess)
I chose Jess to be a very smart, outgoing girl. She is 18 which is my target audience and is most likely middle class. I chose her to be middle class as I feel more people will watch them from that social class. I am targeting both Males and Females as I don't feel one or the other watches them more. Her hobbies were chosen to basically fit in with her middle class background and her university lifestyle. I wanted her to be in university as you make more new friends and tend to socialize more. The fact she states she likes scary films and likes watching them with her friends was placed in because its important to me that people will want to gather together to watch a film and I think that's generally typical of girls to want to do rather than watch a scary film on their own. I put that she likes chart music and the cinema as it shows she likes to keep up with the latest trends either in film or music so any new horror film brought out she would be interested in. Her fashion sense shows she is into what people think of her.

The audience profile - The Boy (Matt)
I chose Matt to be a more outgoing, indie guy because I feel they are the type of people who will enjoy and be more tempted to watch a horror film. The fact he likes Facebook and Myspace generally mean he likes to keep up-to-date with technology and the media. As films are part of the media I feel he will be more likely to know when a new film is coming out and want to see it. He studies photography which I think will make him more interested in the lighting or the mise-en-scene of certain films to get ideas for his own work. The fact he is scared of  loud noises in films or things that happen suddenly make him a suitable viewer for my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment