Wednesday 3 November 2010

Just a little thought...

After today's lesson on social realism films I have decided to go for the horror genre.

It was, admittedly, hard to pick which one to focus on as both the students previous work looked great from both angles. I think horror appeals to me more as I had a very vivid idea of what I would like to do already and have done so since the beginning of the discussion on coursework.
I like the thought of experimenting with light and ambiance. The mise-en-scene will be very interesting and the deep and unknown meaning of many horror films excites me!

My idea so far:
A young girl is getting ready for her wedding day. She sits at a dressing table looking in brushing her hair and putting on powder. She hears a small child laughing. She looks around...nothing. This happens a few times before she hears a loud clash downstairs. She runs down in her wedding dress and sees the back door leading into the black night open...a soft breeze coming in. She rubs her arms to get herself warm and walks over to the door. Another laugh...she runs out into the night and follows the sound. Suddenly a clown jumps out and (off camera) attacks and kills her. Final shot...the woman laying dead on the floor and a mans voice from the door calling her name...

I have taken the clown idea from 'IT' I admit but I will be putting my own theme and touch on it as well as a completely unique story.

I really like this idea and hope it will not turn out to be a trailer but look rather realistic. I managed to buy a wedding dress from a charity shop for £10 and will purchase other items such as fake blood tomorrow from the shops or off of eBay!



UPDATE:
Just brought this clown mask for the filming. Tried to get it as scary as possible! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment