Wednesday 24 November 2010

Storyboarding and Animatic Process

Storyboarding:

First of all we had to complete our storyboarding process. This process was admittedly worring me before hand as I have never really storyboarded to such a large scale. First of all I read through my plot synopsis (my original idea) and made notes on what shot types and edits I wanted for each. I then began to draw.

Throughout my storyboarding I forgot to add in what may have been one of the most important aspects - the titles and an establishing shot of the locations. Luckily I noticed this in time and managed to add them in when I re-drew my storyboard. I went over it in pen before I took the pictures to add on to iMovie.

When I was taking the pictures of my storyboard I had noticed my shaddow was in many of the pictures. Due to the poor lighting I hadn't noticed before I had uploaded them to the computer. I then had to re-take all of the pictures to ensure they had no shaddow.


Animatic:

When I had loaded the pictures onto the computer I moved them to iMovie to edit the storyboard and to add sound and music.
Making sure I had turned Ken Burns off, I put my pictures onto iMovie ensuring they were all in the correct order. I then changed all the timings to fit in with the timings on my drawn storyboard.
After editing the timings I decided to record my voiceover. To do this I went in another room where it was silent to avoid background noise and recorded the speech I had written on my storyboard.
After that I decided I needed sound effects on my animatic. I went on Garage Band and found some music I thought fitted in well with the horror and romance in my film. I saved it to iTunes and then imported it to iMovie onto my animatic. I then got the sound effect of a phone ringing to fit in with the second part of my opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment