Tuesday 16 November 2010

Props and Costume

Costume and props are important for my film to help tell the viewer what has happened before the incident and what type of characters I have. It helps show the social class of the characters and sets the scene.



Costume:
I have two characters being introduced in the beginning of my film, Rose and Felicity. As Felicity is 14 months old so I feel her clothing is not as important as Rose's. I wanted Rose to be in a wedding dress with silver shoes which tells you as the audience what has happened previously in the film and to show her social class. This is especially important as at the end of my opening sequence the films skips back in time before her wedding.

For the wedding dress I chose a white one to show purity and expense. It tells the viewer what has previously happened and really helps to set the scene. She will not be wearing the dress herself but shown to the audience.








Props:
Props play an important part in my film as at the end they somewhat predict the future of the young girl. They are used cleverly to foreshadow the future and to raise enigma codes.


The matches and candles are used mainly to create effective lighting but also to introduce the sense of fear through the fire created by the flame. It puts the audience on edge and introduces the film as horror.





No comments:

Post a Comment